Tuesday 26 May 2015

A New View of Skye

Several years ago, we went to Skye for the day. I'd completely forgotten about it until recently. My friend, Amel, reminded me. She was talking about her trip to London. You should go look at her photos. they're great! She even took photos of some really fancy public toilets. That made me laugh, because I've been known to take photos of public toilets as well! :D

And that's when I remembered the toilet in Skye. This was at a little place, where you stopped before going across the bridge that links Skye to the mainland. It was completely decorated with posters, postcards, toys and ornaments. I've never seen anything like it!

Here's the photos... 





6 comments:

  1. Ohhhh...thanks for digging them up, M! :-D Amazing! Plushies and dolls and everything else. I wonder if people using the toilet will stay there longer than usual just to take a look at them all ha ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you reminded me! I forgot to post these on my blog at the time.

      As for staying in there longer... We stayed to read the posters. :-D

      Delete
  2. That looks like a very comfy loo...
    Thanks for your comment on my latest post Michelle - although the link you provided is of the Dreamspell calender, which is not the authentic Mayan Calendar -and so not to create confusion amongst people new to the Mayan Calendar I would rather not publish a link to the 'wrong' calendar.

    Today on the real Mayan Calendar is 6 Monkey.
    http://www.mayanmajix.com/TZOLKIN/DT/DT.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacques! Yeah, I have had doubts about her info, but I thought it might be fun to pass on an event in your part of the world. :)

      Delete
  3. Awe this is amazing, I used to visit Skye 2-3 times a year, camping! I now live in London, so it's been a while. The toilet just looks what you would find in the highlands

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cat

    Thanks and Welcome to my blog... which is in such a state of unuse! I must get in gear and do something about that.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Older posts are moderated to stop spammers, so replies will go up, but please be patient. :)